Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu


The Boise State College of Education in partnership with Virtual Education Software, inc (VESi) offers online courses for educators that are convenient, flexible, and teach relevant and applicable content.

Professional Development courses are:

  • Graduate Level
  • Graded Pass/Fail
  • Appear on your transcript with a 553 course number and
  • Cannot be changed to academic credit or applied towards a degree

Academic Courses are:

  • Upper division undergraduate or graduate level
  • Graded on an A+ – F scale
  • Appear on your transcript with a 494 (undergraduate) or 594 (graduate) course number and
  • Can be applied towards a degree

  • To register for professional development credit, see K-12 Professional Development. Otherwise, see Steps for Academic Credit.

  • Students taking a VESi course for academic credit are required to complete assignments above and beyond the requirements for professional development credit.


    • If you have never enrolled in a course at Boise State, or it’s been more than two years, you must apply to the University.
    • If it has been less than two years, update your contact information on my.BoiseState. You may need to reset your password.



    • You pay course fees in your my.BoiseState student account
    • See Make a Payment for step-by-step directions


    • Review Course Requirements to familiarize yourself with course expectations, computer and technology requirements, and completion tips.


    • You will receive an orientation email with course access information, grading criteria, and course completion instructions through your BroncoMail email account on or after the first day of class, depending on when you enrolled.


    Earning academic elective credit toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree? Check with your academic advisor to learn how credits from these classes can be used. Earning academic credit to be used towards teacher recertification? Check with your certifying agency to determine that these credits will meet your district’s and/or state requirements. Courses taken for academic credit cannot be changed to professional education credit.