The eCampus Center’s instructional design unit provides faculty and academic programs with expertise and assistance for teaching and learning online based on research and best practices. Our instructional design consultants promote high-quality, innovative online education at Boise State to support the university’s vision of being a metropolitan research university of distinction.
eCampus Center provides the following instructional design services:
- Instructional design consulting for fully online courses and programs
- Research and recommendations for strategies and/or technologies to meet specific learning objectives and assessment methods in online courses
- Consultation and support during the design and development of online courses and programs to ensure accessibility for all students
- Assistance with the development of online instructional materials
- As resources allow and when appropriate, assistance with the production of rich media assets or interactive digital materials for use in online courses
The scope of the eCampus Center instructional design unit specifically focuses on serving faculty and academic departments at Boise State who are designing and developing fully online programs and courses.
Having the opportunity to collaborate with [my Instructional Design Consultant] reminded me about the importance and benefits of collaboration. Even though she may not have been familiar with the topic, her questions and suggestions helped me to ask myself critical questions about the course components. I enjoyed her guidance through the process.Boise State faculty member
To learn more about instructional design support for online courses
Visit the page for our eCampus Quality Instruction Program.
The Instructional Design and Educational Assessment (IDEA Shop)
The IDEA Shop regularly offers workshops for teaching faculty. These include some webcasts and webinars, along with on-campus events.
If you’re a current faculty member located outside the Boise metropolitan area and teaching distance courses, this is the place to start when accessing Boise State’s library resources.
- Distance Studies Library Guide
Information specifically designed for distance studies.
- Faculty Help Page
The faculty help page contains lots of useful resources including information on eReserves for eCampus faculty.
- Interlibrary Loans
All Boise State faculty and students have access to resources and materials through Interlibrary Loan.
- Library Tutorials
Comprehensive listing of library created tutorials; help faculty and students strengthen their research skills.
- Streaming media and video collections
The Library offers several options for streaming media and music in their collections. Select the tab for Videos and Music.
- Subject Guides
Good starting place for faculty to link to resources/librarians focused on a specific discipline.
- Learning Technology Solutions (LTS)
Visit the LTS Blackboard Learn support page for information about workshops, mobile access, and an extensive collection of tutorials.
- The Instructional Design and Educational Assessment (IDEA) Shop
Visit The IDEA Shop to learn more about available workshop and brown bag series opportunities.