Join our fabulous team!
The Boise State University eCampus Center announces the following job openings:
Job Title and Location
Director, eCampus Online Learning and Instructional Design
Location: Boise State University, Boise, ID
The Director provides strategic vision and leadership for a dynamic program of services supporting faculty and academic departments to develop fully online courses for campus-based students and expand online academic program offerings at Boise State University with a focus on student engagement and retention. This position leads a unit within the eCampus Center to provide faculty professional development, online program and instructional design support, course development/production services, as well as to research and promote the effective use of evidence-based practices and innovative technologies in online education.
Bachelors or equivalent plus 8 years relevant experience OR Master’s degree plus 6 years relevant experience, including 3 managerial experience.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of current issues, approaches, technologies, research, and trends in online education, as well as quality standards and best practices.
- Strong knowledge and the ability to apply research-based instructional systems design including needs and task analysis, pedagogical theory, assessment strategies, and best practices for the development of online college level courses/programs.
- Strong record of leadership and team building in a collaborative environment.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Experience with unit/team and program assessment experience. Ability to plan, direct, produce, and evaluate unit/team services.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple, demanding projects simultaneously.
Complete applications must be received by August 1, 2018.
- The full job announcement with application details can be found here.
For other opportunities to work at Boise State University, visit our Human Resources website.
ONLINE TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
The eCampus Center is dedicated to expanding the programs and offerings of Boise State University beyond traditional borders to meet the academic needs of students anytime, anywhere. We work in collaboration with the academic departments who have final decision over whether a course is taught online and by whom.
If you are looking for an opportunity to teach online at Boise State, we encourage you to contact the chair of any academic department where you are interested in teaching. To view what programs we currently offer online that may fit your expertise, go to online.boisestate.edu.
You may also contact Sandy Howell in our office, email@example.com, with faculty inquiries. Include your full name, email address, phone number, area of interest, and any experience in online instruction. Please also attach a copy of your vitae. Academic departments occasionally contact our office seeking names of potential online instructors and we would be glad to pass your information along when appropriate.