Join our fabulous team!
The Boise State University eCampus Center announces the following job openings:
Job Title: New Program Planning Manager
Boise State University invites qualified applicants for the newly created position of New Program Planning Manager for the eCampus Center.
The New Program Planning Manager is a critical contributor to the successful future of eCampus academic program development at Boise State. The manager will:
- actively support the implementation of the eCampus Expansion Initiative by managing projects in collaboration with a vast array of people and offices throughout the university.
- manage all stages of new online academic degree (bachelors, masters, doctoral, certificate) project planning and implementation, including assessing needs, confirming scope, defining goals, setting objectives, outlining roadmap, and creating timelines. Oversee maintenance of a robust project management and job tracking system for each project.
- evaluate and propose ideas for new online academic degrees that align with Boise State University mission and are formulated from research on enrollment trends, employment trends, industry need, and student interest.
- supervise staff dedicated to the development and support of online academic degrees.
- work directly with program directors/department chairs, faculty, deans and other administrators to help prioritize and coordinate resource needs with Division of Extended Studies staff as well as prepare project level goals and timelines.
- develop resources to provide guidance on how new online academic degree programs can be launched, scalable, and financially sustainable.
- serve as a liaison to ensure appropriate institutional resources are informed and involved in the degree development process.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Public Relations, Management, Project Management or related field plus 5 years experience, OR a Master’s degree plus 3 years experience
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in supervising and leading project teams/staff
- Earned Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Business, Management, Higher Education Administration, Project Management or related field is preferred.
- Experience with online education that demonstrates a personal knowledge and hands-on involvement in higher education.
- Experience utilizing/customizing a project management or customer relations management tool.
- Able to work well within a large, state organization with many policies, procedures, and practices.
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience working for a college or university to successfully plan and execute the delivery of two(2) or more new online academic degree including oversight of development processes and resources. Plus, experience building strong working relationships with academic department chairs, faculty, campus community, and colleagues
- Two (2) or more years of demonstrated supervisory experience working with full-time, 12 month employees.
Application Deadline: Review of candidates begins December 5. Open until filled.
ONLINE TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
The eCampus Center is dedicated to expanding the programs and offerings of Boise State University beyond traditional borders to meet the academic needs of students anytime, anywhere. We work in collaboration with the academic departments who have final decision over whether a course is taught online and by whom.
If you are looking for an opportunity to teach online at Boise State, we encourage you to contact the chair of any academic department where you are interested in teaching. To view what programs we currently offer online that may fit your expertise, go to online.boisestate.edu.
You may also contact Sandy Howell in our office, email@example.com, with faculty inquiries. Include your full name, email address, phone number, area of interest, and any experience in online instruction. Please also attach a copy of your vitae. Academic departments occasionally contact our office seeking names of potential online instructors and we would be glad to pass your information along when appropriate.