Join our fabulous team!
For other opportunities to work at Boise State University, visit our Human Resources website.
The Boise State University eCampus Center announces the following job openings:
Instructional Design Consultant
This position provides design, development, revision, management, and support of online courses and programs across the curriculum working directly with faculty to provide pedagogical and instructional design consultation to support effective and innovative delivery of academic credit courses to online students.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Or, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in instructional design or related field such as the following:
- Experience with eLearning/online pedagogy and application of instructional design theory, adult learning theory principles and practices for the development of online course and programs in higher education.
- Experience and demonstrated competence with online learning tools and online assessment strategies that enables choosing tools appropriate to learning objectives.
- Demonstrated ability working with learning management/online learning platforms (i.e. Blackboard), web conferencing (such as Blackboard Collaborate formerly Wimba and Elluminate), social networking, problem-based learning, case studies, learner analytics, learner interactivity (such as Raptivity and Articulate), HTML, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Review of applicants will begin January 8, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
eCampus OER Coordinator
Reporting to the eCampus Center Research and Innovation Team Manager, the focus of this position is to promote the usage and development of quality Open Educational Resources (OER) materials across fully online programs. This person is responsible for the planning and deployment of adoption/change management strategies to ensure the successful implementation of OER within fully online programs.
As part of this position you will:
- Assist faculty and online programs with the adoption of OER and emerging learning tools which capitalize on OER content.
- Collaborate with faculty, instructional designers, and the program’s library liaison as they design/develop online courses to assist with finding, adapting, curating, and integrating high quality OER textbooks.
- Assist with the implementation and management of content management systems to
- Collaborate with Research & Innovation team members to design and implement research studies to examine the impact and the effectiveness of OER textbooks and materials adopted by faculty.
- Serve as a liaison with other units across campus to facilitate the implementation and adoption of OER, such as the library, general counsel, IDEA Shop, Learning Technology Solutions (LTS), the Office of Information Technology (OIT), bookstore, Educational Access Center (EAC), etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience working in instructional design, course development, information science, or with Open Educational Resources, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with a content management or other information systems. Experience with metadata, tagging, or other organization tools.
Hiring salary range: $46,400 – $53,300 based on experience.
Review of applicants will begin November 27, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
ONLINE TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
The eCampus Center is dedicated to expanding the programs and offerings of Boise State University beyond traditional borders to meet the academic needs of students anytime, anywhere. We work in collaboration with the academic departments who have final decision over whether a course is taught online and by whom.
If you are looking for an opportunity to teach online at Boise State, we encourage you to contact the chair of any academic department where you are interested in teaching. To view what programs we currently offer online that may fit your expertise, go to online.boisestate.edu.
You may also contact Sandy Howell in our office, firstname.lastname@example.org, with faculty inquiries. Include your full name, email address, phone number, area of interest, and any experience in online instruction. Please also attach a copy of your vitae. Academic departments occasionally contact our office seeking names of potential online instructors and we would be glad to pass your information along when appropriate.