Join our fabulous team!
Boise State University eCampus Center has no job openings at this time. Please check back again.
For other opportunities to work at Boise State University, visit our Human Resources website.
The Boise State University eCampus Center announces the following job openings:
The Learning Analyst will:
- Work with online program coordinators, faculty, and Student Success Coaches to identify and develop reports, metrics, and visualizations that help trigger timely interventions for student success, and to refine those reports in an iterative process;
- Develop and evaluate predictive models to identify key factors that may hinder online student success in a program;
- Create queries to gather, clean, validate, merge, and maintain data sets from multiple sources (e.g. data warehouse, student records, PeopleSoft) for analysis by the Research & Innovation Team. This includes ensuring that data is secure and appropriate precautions are taken to maintain student privacy;
- Assist in creating and delivering presentations to university officials, administrators, faculty, and at research conferences;
- Work with eCampus Instructional Design and Production Teams to develop dashboards and reports that will help drive improvement in the design of courses and programs;
- Have a demonstrated understanding of learning theory;
- Write queries and/or scripts to collect, clean, merge and analyze data from diverse data sources including relational databases and data warehouses;
- Appropriately apply statistical analysis techniques (e.g. Analysis of Variance, Linear Regression, Factor Analysis, etc.) to solve research problems;
- Have an innovative nature and a desire to find better and more efficient ways of streamlining, standardizing, and error-proofing data, data files, tables, data sharing, and reports;
ONLINE TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES
The eCampus Center is dedicated to expanding the programs and offerings of Boise State University beyond traditional borders to meet the academic needs of students anytime, anywhere. We work in collaboration with the academic departments who have final decision over whether a course is taught online and by whom.
If you are looking for an opportunity to teach online at Boise State, we encourage you to contact the chair of any academic department where you are interested in teaching. To view what programs we currently offer online that may fit your expertise, go to online.boisestate.edu.
You may also contact Sandy Howell in our office, email@example.com, with faculty inquiries. Include your full name, email address, phone number, area of interest, and any experience in online instruction. Please also attach a copy of your vitae. Academic departments occasionally contact our office seeking names of potential online instructors and we would be glad to pass your information along when appropriate.