The Boise State College of Education in partnership with Virtual Education Software, inc (VESi) offers online courses for educators that are convenient, flexible, and teach relevant and applicable content. For registration information see Getting Started.
Each course consists of chapters with reading material, followed by an exam, which includes both true/false and multiple choice questions. Each chapter of reading must be completed in its entirety before access to the exams is allowed. Each exam may be taken up to three times with the most recent score becoming the official exam score. Complete all section exams (with minimum 70% score), showing a competent understanding of the material presented. Students are provided with contact information for the instructor and for technical support staff along with a course syllabus.
- All students enrolled in VESi courses are expected to comply with the following requirements:
Access BroncoMail to receive information related to the course. You must also be comfortable contacting the instructor independently with questions or problems via email or telephone.
Successful completion of this course requires a time commitment of at least 40 hours for a 2-credit course, or 60 hours for a 3-credit course. To receive full credit for the course you must complete all course modules, exams, and submit any final assignments by specified deadlines.
- In addition, students taking a VESi course for academic credit are required to submit written assignments:
Critical Thinking Question
Each chapter includes a critical thinking question. Students research the question and write a brief essay on it, relating the question to the course content and, if possible, personal experiences. Each essay must be a minimum of 500 words long.
Journal Article Essays
This task requires writing reviews of three journal articles on topics related to the course. Students may choose journal articles outside the instructor’s selected list, provided the content of the article relates to the course and the reference provides the journal name, volume, date and critical information so that the instructor can access and review that article. Each review must be a minimum of 200 words long.
- The following recommended items will provide you with a good learning experience while enrolled in these classes:
- A reliable high-speed broadband Internet connection
- A recent version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome browsers
- 15″ or larger color monitor with minimum resolution of 800x600px
- 1 GB of RAM
- Printer attached to your computer
- Personal computer skills and the ability to send email and search the Web.
Completing the Course
Certificates of completion and assignments are due one week prior to the end of the session. For specific due dates see the VESi Important Dates page. We recommend submitting coursework early to ensure your instructor can review all materials and submit your grade on time.
Certificate of Completion
After you have successfully completed all chapter exams, please submit the online course certificate of completion to VESi as instructed in the course program.
If you experience technical problems with the operation of your course:
- Visit VESi’s website support pages
- Email or phone VESi technical support at email@example.com or (800) 313-6744 toll free