In partnership with the Western eTutoring Consortium, Boise State is pleased to offer online tutoring services. Delivered via a dynamic, user-friendly tutoring platform, the eTutoring philosophical approach is to help guide the learner and facilitate independent learning.
To learn more about eTutoring, review the FAQs below. To access eTutoring visit Boise State’s eTutoring homepage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Live one-on-one assistance through eChat
- Offline support through eQuestions and
- An online eWriting Center
Anatomy & Physiology
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, ect.)
- Flexible access to academic support.
- Access anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Improve grades on assignments and exams.
- Become more engaged in your classes.
- Be Prepared
- Make a list of specific questions to ask or topics to cover ahead of time. Your meeting with the eTutor will be focused and organized.
- Be Specific
- eTutors are qualified to tutor in their assigned subject areas but they don’t have access to your particular textbook or your particular assignments. Instead of saying you need help with problem 20 in the textbook, list out the problem with a description of the assignment. If eTutors know why you are asking for assistance they will be better equipped to provide valuable feedback.
- Be Timely
- Plan ahead for assistance; avoid waiting until the day before or day of an assignment due date to seek help. While eTutors are available both synchronously (live) and asynchronously (offline), last minute or rushed requests might not receive as valuable and timely feedback.
- Be Patient
- The technology platform through which eTutoring is delivered will allow you to communicate with eTutors through both text and audio. Be patient with yourself, the eTutor and the technology.