The eCampus instructional design unit provides faculty and academic programs with expertise and assistance for teaching and learning online based on research and best practices. Our instructional design unit serves as a catalyst to promote high-quality, innovative online education at Boise State and to support the university’s vision of being a metropolitan research university of distinction.
eCampus Center provides the following instructional design services:
- Instructional design consulting for fully online courses and programs
- Research and recommend strategies and/or technologies to meet specific learning objectives and assessment methods in online courses
- Consultation and support during the design and development of online courses and programs to ensure accessibility for all students
- Assist with the development of online instructional materials
- As resources allow and when appropriate, assist with the production of rich media assets or interactive digital materials for use in online courses
The scope of the eCampus instructional design unit specifically focuses on serving faculty and academic departments at Boise State who are designing and developing fully online programs and courses, while also working collaboratively with other departments across campus.
For example, we work closely with Academic Technologies who support faculty developing courses with campus-based components (e.g., face-to-face, web-enhanced, hybrid, and mobile). The “Who to Call” handout (requires Adobe Reader) was collaboratively created by the eCampus Center and Academic Technologies to help faculty determine who to contact for faculty development and instructional design services.