The eCampus website is a comprehensive source for students seeking information on courses, learning environments, and much more. The website presence allows the eCampus Center to pull together information specific to eCampus programs and present it in one convenient place. Below are a few webpages that students might find especially helpful. Each title is a link that leads to the webpage described below it.
- What Is eCampus?
- This webpage gives an overview of Boise State’s eCampus, along with links to information about the various eCampus modes of instruction and the technology requirements students need to be aware of before they sign up for a class.
- Students can take a self-screening survey to help them decide if eCampus courses are right for them. The survey asks questions about such issues as motivation, time, self-discipline, and technology.
- Get Ready for eCampus
- Two resources can help students acquire online learning skills, while reducing instructor time helping the unprepared. The first resource is an e-learning guide on the Academic Technologies website; the second is a Blackboard-based Introduction to eLearning course available in two formats—self-study and instructor-facilitated. The self-study format might be sufficient for students lacking one or two skills. Students who are completely unprepared might need to drop your class and take UNIV 107, a 1-credit instructor-facilitated version of the course, before re-enrolling. Students who do not drop voluntarily can be administratively withdrawn by the instructor in the first few days of class.
- Admission Process Flowchart
- Students can follow a flowchart of information that takes them through the admission and registration process at Boise State University and links to important information they will need along the way.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- The eCampus FAQ answers many of the questions students ask. If you find yourself answering the same question more than a few times, please contact Carolyn Quintero (208) 426-5745, who tracks questions that need to be added to the FAQ webpage.
- eCampus Student Support
- A variety of resources are available to support eCampus students. These resources are available from a distance by phone, over the Internet or through a secured online portal.
- Online eTutoring Services
- Boise State is a member of the Western eTutoring consortium which provides students with access to a collaborative online tutoring service. Qualified eTutors from each of the member institutions assist with a wide variety of subjects. Encourage your students to take advantage of this valuable service by posting an announcement in your course site, including information in your course syllabus or both. If you are interested in learning more about the program you can take a “mini-tour” of the service by following these instructions.
- Course List
- The eCampus Center maintains a list of courses, offering students a quick glance at vital information such as number of credits, type of course (graduate, part of a degree program, elective, etc.), in-person requirements, instructor, mode of instruction, and semester(s) when the course is offered.
- Course Information on my.BoiseState
- Most eCampus course listings on my.BoiseState include important notes about such things as special requirements, prerequisites, or proctored examinations. Students can find eCampus courses to read these notes or register by following this step-by-step my.BoiseState search tutorial.